Which provides the best internet marketing training and tools, Affilorama or Wealthy Affiliate?
I’ve been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for the past 6 months, and I can’t really say enough positive things about the community. The training is so engaging, up to date, and easy to follow. There are so many people active within the community willing to help out, not to mention the owners Kyle and Carson themselves lending a hand whenever they can! There’s useful tools and unlimited web hosting–there’s just really nothing bad to say. Did I mention you can get access to this for FREE?
However, I saw Affilorama had a chance to sign up for FREE, so I gave them my precious e-mail info–I wanted to see what it was all about…
I first noticed I got access to several training modules for free! This was cool! However, among further inspection I wasn’t too impressed. I found I couldn’t follow along with the training very easily, and some of the information was pretty vague. Now, that isn’t to say the program in and of itself is that way–premium members get access to full training, which is much more complete and well put together.
I can already tell you, the free membership within Wealthy Affiliate is much more comprehensive and provides you with the tools you need to get started, so you can actually create your very own websites, have them up, running and making money, without actually spending money on the premium membership if you didn’t want to!
It already is outweighing Affilorama a bit here, but let’s get into some details before we make a final decision!
What Affilorama Premium offers:
- comprehensive training modules
- affiliate bootcamp training
- premium software tools
- 30 PLR articles every month
- community and support
- web hosting on up to 15 domains
What Wealthy Affiliate Premium offers:
- Entrepreneur certification courses and Bootcamp courses
- Additional 1,000’s of training modules – tutorials, videos, blogs (much of it uploaded by members within the community)
- Help and support from 10,000+ members of the community via live chat, forum, private messages, comments within postings and on profiles
- Friendly help and support from the owners, Kyle and Carson
- Live video training every Friday (plus hundreds of past videos to watch)
- Accurate keyword tool and a link tracking tool
- your own profile and blog
- UNLIMITED quality web hosting on your own domains, plus unlimited creation of free websites within their system
Who are these programs for?
Both Affilorama and Wealthy Affiliate are intended for internet marketers of any level–they provide basic training for beginners, but also continued education and support for those already successful within the industry.
Let’s have a further look at the tools provided within W.A. and Affilorama
Affilorama certainly offers a lot more tools than Wealthy Affiliate, let’s have a look:
Wealthy Affiliate Tools
- Keyword tool – very useful, allows you to find the monthly search and traffic estimates, along with the exact page competition, suggests additional keywords for you
- Link Tracking Tool – another very useful tool, allows you to track your affiliate link clicks, so you know what affiliate links are bringing in all the money
- Rapid writer article tool – checks your keyword density, but I’ve personally never used it. probably not a necessary tool anymore.
Some of them are cool and could be quite useful:
- Trusted Site Tool
- Market Strength Tool
- Keyword Suggestion Tool
- PPC Ad Generator
- Social snoop tool
- Search ranking genie
But it provides a lot of useless tools too:
- Pop-over generator– let’s you create pop over ads on your website to collect peoples e-mail info. (I personally find that tactic extremely annoying)
- Bullet-point generator – fancy bullets, really? I’m sure that could be found within a WP plug-in or something, but either way, certainly not a selling point
- XML sitemap generator– you can do this for free with a WP plug-in, or alternatively at the xml-sitemaps website
- Website ping tool – allows your pages to get indexed quickly, but you can do this for free with webmaster tools, with the “fetch as google” feature
- Article spin and an Article Compare tool – article spinning is outdated and no longer a good idea, they really shouldn’t teach this as a good marketing tactic
- Backlink checker- not a necessary tool
While Affilorama may appear to offer more tools, many of them are just “extras” or outdated, and won’t do you a lot of good.
Let’s have a further look at some additional features offered in Affilorama Premium
30 PLR (Private Licensed Rights) Articles every month-
These are articles written by writers, in which the content is allowed to be used by anyone to claim as their own. I’m not really sure what the point of doing such a thing is, as they’re obviously providing the same 30 articles to EVERY member of Affilorama. Therefore, unless the person just uses the articles for IDEAS to generate content, there’s going to be some duplicate content issues going around, and that will do more harm than good as those people will get punished within Google. (Even if they’re using the article spinner to spin the content, it’s still an outdated technique that will eventually get you into trouble.)
Community and support
There’s a good community within Affilorama, I’ll give it that. There’s an active forum and blog, which are quite useful sources of information to internet marketers at all levels on the game. Support is not perfect, though. If you need personal help, you need to fill out a contact form and who knows when you’ll receive a reply.
However, whiile it’s nice Affilorama provides the community aspect, it’s nowhere near to the level of engagement you see within the Wealthy Affiliate community.
It really has evolved so much within the past few months to become a lot like Facebook, (I suppose that can be seen as both good and bad).
There’s even a live chat feature for 24/7 help! It’s very easy to contact the owners, Kyle and Carson, as they frequently are in the live chat, and if not, you can private message them.
Affilorama offers web hosting on up to 15 domains
Certainly nothing to snipe about. However at Wealthy Affiliate you get hosting on UNLIMITED domains, plus as many free web sites as you want! (without paying for your own domain name) Free members even get 2 free sites!
Pricing Affilorama Vs. Wealthy Affiliate
Affilorama Premium – $67 per month, oh wait..but there’s more offers! —
- Affiloblueprint program – $197, sort of like a starter kit to the Affilorama premium
- Affilojetpack program – $497, provides you essentially a pre-written website kit- you literally just put it together, everything is done for you. (pre-written articles, e-mails, research, etc.)
Each of these programs as a 60 day money back guarentee.
Wealthy Affiliate Premium – $47 per month, or $359 per year (which works out to just $29 monthly)
There’s no money back guarentee. Although, you get access to enough of the community with your free membership, so those that decide to become premium members are already satisfied with the service and training WA is providing them. Additionally, you can try out your premium membership for just $19 dollars your first month!
Wealthy Affiliate provides more support, more community engagement, more web hosting (unlimited vs. just 15 with affilorama), TONS of training, videos, tutorials, blogs, 24/7 live chat, and more useful tools than Affilorama.
In sum, Affilorama costs more per month, and gives you less!
But, since they offer a 1 dollar 30 day trial and a money back guarantee, if you’re still interested, feel free to try it out for yourself!
However, if you’re interested in getting MORE support and services for LESS money, and if you want to know more about what Wealthy Affiliate can offer you, and personally make the comparisons for yourself, I suggest you check out my full review of Wealthy Affiliate here.
Anyone want to share their personal thoughts or experiences with either of these affiliate communities? Comment down below, I’d love to hear what you have to say!