Scams are seemingly endless within this industry.
One of the unfortunate aspects of being an internet marketer is the amount of scams that exist within the industry. When seeking out how to make money online, it’s important to understand how to avoid online scams as you may risk losing thousands of dollars if you’re not careful. Every day there seems to be a new “internet guru” popping out of the woodwork that claims to have the latest and greatest product that will finally help you make that fortune on the internet. There are literally thousands of such “products” out there! And while they’re not all entirely bad, the amount of useless, low quality products out there is astounding, and there’s a seemingly endless amount that are downright SCAMS!
Endless scams and useless products cause the majority of people wanting to make money online to lose hope. But it’s important to realize making money online is NOT a scam and thousands are very successful at it. Unfortunately it can be a pain sifting through the endless “opportunities” out there.
But how do you know the difference between a legitimate opportunity and a scam? There are a few tell tale signs and I want to take a minute to discuss them.
If the product…
- Promises that you can earn a lot of money in a relatively short amount of time with very little effort. Claims of making thousands overnight, claims of becoming rich within just a few weeks, and claims of it all being “just a few clicks away” is just crap. Never fall for anything that makes such statements no matter how much you want to believe it. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
- Doesn’t give any real information about what the products is or what you’ll have to do in order to earn said money, unless you PAY money to find out. The page is filled with babble of how much money you’ll be earning, how easy it will be, and endless “blah blah blah” with no actual substance or information of what the product IS.
- Has a video only sales page, that forces you to sit through the presentation (unable to skip ahead) with a giant “BUY NOW” button underneath. Often times the “guru” promoting the product will make a huge useless presentation about their rags to riches story, and show you their lavish lifestyle and their bank account. You have to ask yourself, why are they showing you this? The reality is, the ones who don’t need to brag are the truly successful ones. If you try to leave the sales page, you’re attacked with pop-ups trying to persuade you to buy. They even may try to down-sell the product (offer it to you at an additional discount–and they do this because they will immediately hit you with upsells after paying–see below).
- If you’re harnessed with up-sells upon initially buying in. They lure you in with a very reasonable price, yet as soon as purchasing you find out you can’t really move forward and make money until you invest possibly thousands more dollars. (This is why they will down-sell the initial product, because they make tons of money from the up-sells. Plus, you won’t feel so bad having to spend more money if you got “a great deal”.)
- If there’s no contact information, or the contact information provided appears suspect. If you do find contact information, try to get a hold of them. If they don’t respond, stay away.
The bottom line – trust your gut!
If you have a general uneasy or questionable feeling about the product or service, it’s probably because it’s a scam. Your gut feelings are usually right, so don’t underestimate that. The internet is definitely a great place to make money, but there’s so many people out there that are willing to take advantage of the system just to make a buck.
If you are still unsure, do some research to see what other people have to say about it. Check out websites like scam.com or ripoffreport.com. Be leary of overly positive reviews, many times those aren’t genuine reviews, but just somebody trying to sell you the product.
The truth is, there isn’t really a single product you can purchase with a one time payment and learn everything there is to know about making money online. It’s not a static system, it’s ever changing and very complex and will require more than purchasing a book or a few video tutorials. The problem with most things available is they lack all the crucial elements it requires to be successful. They don’t have all the pieces of the puzzle, or many times will teach you a spammy method with no potential for long term success.
Do you want to actually be successful online? Realize you’ll need tools, up to date training, a helpful community AND support. If the product comes with all of those, it may just be able to help you succeed!
Feel free to read my review of Wealthy Affiliate–the product that taught me how to make money online. With a completely free starter account (no credit card required), you can jump in and see for yourself. With no money to lose, you can rest assured it’s just not another scam!
Heck, you can even skip my review and jump right on ahead to the official site to try it free.