Program: Product Report Card
Summary: overall a legit survey site, but small payouts and many may find it hard to reach the minimum payment amount. View my TOP recommended program for making money online.
There are countless websites that p consumers to get paid to provide feedback on all types of products they already own. While you wrovide free online surveys, but Product Report Card is a bit different. This company has some pretty in depth survey opportunities (which may even be too invasive for some) as well as provides the opportunity foron’t make much money here, the truth is that Product Report Card is a legit research and survey company.
How does Product Report Card work?
Anyone can join PRC for entirely free. After filling out your profile and some background questions, you’ll earn $8.25. You can expect them to send you 1-2 survey opportunities to your email each day.
You won’t qualify for every survey (in fact, you most likely won’t qualify for most of them) but you’ll still earn 10 cents for trying. I know it isn’t much, but most companies don’t give out any type of compensation for this.
You can also earn money by uploading pictures and information of products you already own and providing reviews. The payout is really low (about 50 cents for a review) so you aren’t going to get rich here.
Another thing they do is provide a database of reviews and side by side comparisons of products, sort of consumer reports style. Anyone can get free information on products they’re interested in buying.
You can earn money a few different ways with this company
- Completing your profile and account profiles – You get $5.00 for signing up and setting up your profile, and $3.25 extra if you fill out every profile survey. This let’s everyone start out with $8.25 with relatively little invested effort (but keep in mind you’re required to reach a $25 minimum payment threshold before cashing out)
- Participating in surveys – There are a range of different surveys available through Product Report Card, some paying a few cents and others up to $20+.
- Reviewing products you already own – You can register products you own to provide the company with your personal opinion. These are things like kitchen appliances (refrigerators, coffee grinders, microwaves) to electronics (laptops, TVs, cell phones) and a wide range in between. You have to prove that you own them by uploading pictures and product information (serial number, etc) and the payment is very low.
The minimum payment threshold is $25, and you can request to get paid by check, Amazon rewards or Paypal. It typically takes 10-14 business days to process payment requests, although can sometimes take over a month.
Non payment issues?
There have been several reports with the BBB with Product Report Card, mostly issues with non-payment. However, looking a bit further they’re mostly from around the same time period of late 2015/early 2016. The company took the time to respond to the complaints, explaining they were very behind and were taking longer than normal to process payment requests.
In a few other instances, the payments were still in a pending state. In any case, everyone seems to have gotten their issues resolved and have been paid by this company.
It’s a good thing to keep in mind that even if you are eventually able to reach the $25 payout amount, it may be quite awhile before your payment arrives. This is no place to earn quick money.
However, the company does provide a phone number, email and mailing address to contact them if you ever do run into an issue.
Some studies may be too invasive
Certain studies require you to install apps on your phone or computer that monitor your behavior and web browsing activity over a period of several weeks. The issue of privacy comes to mind here and if you are willing to let some unknown company monitor your every online activity (I wouldn’t). In addition, other studies make you join forums or online groups where you must consistently interact and share sometimes very personal information.
Every study is optional though, so you never have to participate in anything you aren’t comfortable with.
Can you expect to make a lot of money with PRC?
You aren’t going to make a lot of money with this program. In fact, you will probably find it very hard to reach the $25 payment. Your effort is going to work out to be less than minimum wage, so this isn’t the best solution for creating an extra source of income.
Pros vs Cons
- Free to join
- Earn $8.25 by setting up your profile and filling out a few questionnaires
- Earn 10 cents for surveys you disqualify from
- Low payments – really hard to reach the $25 payment threshold
- Time consuming and little monetary reward
- Some studies are too invasive
- Giving out personal information, watch out for spam (smart to use an alternate email)
Conclusion – Product Report Card is legit, but you’re not going to earn much $$$
I’ve reviewed a lot of survey companies, and my opinion remains the same. If you’re looking for a solution to earn a regular income online, Product Report Card is not the answer (nor is any survey company). The invested effort is usually never worth the payout, and it boils down to your ultimate goal. If you find it a fun hobby that happens to earn you some extra pennies, then there’s no problem. If you’re trying to use it as an extra source of income, you’re going to find it very difficult. You never will earn a full time income from this or any similar survey company.
The bottom line is they’re a legitimate company that does pay out for surveys and product reviews, but it can take a very long time to accumulate the minimum payment amount and most won’t stick around long enough to ever get paid.
Sick of earning pennies with surveys?