First of all, I want to share a quote that I stumbled across when I first started out learning how to make money on the internet:
“If you’re willing to do for a year what others won’t, you can spend a lifetime doing what others can’t.”
For the life of me I cannot remember where I saw this or who said it, I just remember reading it and it really stuck with me. This was the quote that so intensely inspired me to go through and actually set out to try the whole online business thing.
But the truth is, it takes motivation and determination to build a successful business online and if you just give up, you’re never going to get there. Most people lose their motivation for whatever reason – life gets in the way, they don’t see immediate success, or they just lose interest. You need to be able to push past the hard part and keep going even when things get hard or you don’t feel like doing it anymore. The only way you can fail is to give up!
However, keep in mind motivation isn’t a constant force, it will naturally wax and wane in most people – you just need to learn how to get past the low points.
The problem is sticking with it even after you want to give up, even after you seem to lost all faith and your motivation is gone. If you’re not motivated, you’re probably not putting in as much work as you should be (or maybe you’re not working at all!) That is going to have a huge impact on how far you come. I cannot even imagine how much further I could be at this point if I had stayed 100% motivated the entire time and given it my all.
When you don’t have to deal with punching a time clock or the constant threat of a boss lurking over your shoulder, when you don’t have that promise of a paycheck at the end of the week, what makes you keep going?
My top 5 tips for keeping motivated –
- Choose a niche you love. Or at the very least, have some interest in. If you try to jump around or pick niches just because they seem profitable, it will most likely backfire. If you’re not really interested in something, it’s going to feel a whole lot more like work, and you’re not going to be as motivated to keep going as you could be. You know what they say, “Do something you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.”
- Set small, attainable goals. When you aim too big, you’re never going to feel like you’re accomplishing anything.
- Remember why you started in the first place – what is your goal? Do you want to be able to work full time from home? Start earning x amount of dollars by next summer? Well it isn’t going to happen if you stop working on it!
- Keep a positive mindset – this is a MUST! You have to think positive even when things aren’t going your way. The power of positive thinking is more powerful than you might think.
- Keep a schedule – having a set schedule of when you do things will help you stay organized and on-task. It’s easy to fall behind when you just do what you want, when you want.
However cliche’ or cheesy they may seem, they are 100% true. Start out in the right direction, with the right mindset, and learn to push past the low points and you will almost certianly come out on top!
Leave a Reply